Assembler – Temp Position
Job Title: Assembler
FLSA status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Hours: Full Time 6AM-3:30 PM Mon-Thurs and 6AM-10AM Friday, possible overtime
The Assembler is responsible for producing and assembling electronic components according to specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Reads and follows prints, routers/travelers, specifications and other work instructions in order to build and assemble parts and equipment in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Uses various hand tools while assembling product, including the ability to use crimp and cutting tools.
- Depending on assigned area, operates machines utilized during the assembly process, including the ability to utilize hand and foot actuated valves.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of every position at Marlin Technologies.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires education generally equivalent to a High School diploma.
- Prefer 1-3 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Requires basic mathematical skills that include the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Must have the ability to read and understand prints, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing work instructions.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with employees.
- Prefer a basic knowledge and comfort in the use of small hand tools.
- Prefer previous experience with soldering.
- Proficiency in the use of computers including basic ERP time/job tracking.