Location: Horicon or Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
FLSA Status: Except
Reports to Director of Sales and Marketing
Wage Range: Wage range: commensurate with experience
Marlin Technologies, Inc. Company Overview – ‘Who Are We…’:
Marlin Technologies is a privately held, non-union manufacturing company with 55+ employees, located in a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Horicon Wisconsin. Our newest location is in Menomonee Falls Wisconsin and houses our Development and Innovation Center. Marlin is focused on the design and manufacturing of mobile equipment for industries such as agriculture, off-road construction, railroad, turf care, military, emergency vehicles, and marine/watercraft, that allow performance reliably in harsh environments.
The primary role of the Sales Engineer is to increase Marlin’s business in the industrial markets, including primary management of our OEM accounts as well as coordination with our manufacturer’s reps for those market. This role will provide solutions to customers, and reach sales and profitability goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Application Development – Work with customers to develop electronic solutions for their applications. Review all requirements including technical specifications, regulatory requirements, project timing and customer’s expectations. Work with Marlin Engineering to identify practical, cost-effective solutions.
- Quoting/Estimating – Prepare quotations for customers in a timely manner. Identify materials required, obtain component pricing and tooling charges, determine engineering and manufacturing labor hours, and prepare cost and price estimates for quoted product. Prepare proposal drawings and written quotations for presentation to customers.
- Rep Coordination – Align with Manufacturers’ Representatives to develop sales opportunities, and function as Marlin’s ‘factory rep’ while coordinating sales activities with those reps. Build strong relationships with the reps and the end customers.
- Sales Development – Make sales contacts via phone, remote meetings, and travel to new and existing customers to prospect, qualify and present Marlin products and services. Assist the Marketing and Sales departments with identifying product and market opportunities. Participate in obtaining and building sales forecast data and tracking progress on active quotes and orders. Travel as required (up to 50%) to develop sales opportunities.
- Project Supervision – Oversee the design and build of new products, acting as a customer advocate to help ensure their expectations are met. Initiate project review kick-off meeting at the start of new projects. Assist the project engineer with customer communication. Assist Production department with obtaining and entering sales order information.
- Supplier Relationships – Work with vendors to obtain information about purchased part specifications, operation, availability and pricing.
- Marlin Standards and Procedures – Assist in the planning, implementation and maintenance of Marketing and Applications department procedures, databases, and software tools. Adhere to established procedures.
- Trade and Industry Knowledge – Keep abreast and well informed of new developments in the markets that Marlin serves, as well as other industries where sales opportunities and growth may exist, through involvement with customers, vendors, educational institutions, professional societies, trade shows, seminars, and perusal of publications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify, and close key prospect accounts.
- Reasonable understanding of analog and digital circuits and software preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of personal computer application software.
- Reasonable knowledge of the manufacturing process of printed circuit boards and assemblies.
- Ability to make sales calls on new and existing accounts, located in various states and outside the USA. If driving, a valid driver’s license and insurance is necessary.
- Minimum three years’ experience in technical sales, preferably of electronic controls and systems.
- Preferably experience with CRM systems and sales/marketing automation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university preferred; or minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education and experience in the electronics industry is strongly preferred.
Full-Time Benefits Include
- 401K with company match
- Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off
- Flex Time and/or Remote work options may be available
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short term and Long-term disability, and life insurance
- Extensive Wellness Program with health insurance premium discounts and health club reimbursement available
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Various paid leave programs, including Parental leave